Monday, August 28, 2006

Colony Zones LCM Champs

I failed to post my workouts last week. It was a pretty normal week except for a mini-taper at the end.

I won my age group in the 100 LC Breaststroke at Colony Zones. My time was on par with meets over the last 1.5 years, a 1:17. I have been very focused on all around fitness and don't feel specialized at all to breaststroke. The good news is that with all the weight I have lost, I think I can break through this barrier in the coming months. I only focused my training on breaststroke for a few weeks before this meet, so I feel that being "on par" was a good achievement. Amazingly, the 40-somethings have the most competitive age group, about 9 seconds faster than me and only a few seconds off of olympic trial cuts.

Here is my goal for the GMU sprint classic: below 30" in the 50 breast, below 1'03" in the 100 breast. I have 8-9 weeks. If I hit those times and feel I can continue to cut, I may taper and shave for a USS meet this winter. In previous years health has been a major impediment in the winter, but last year I was only sick for about four weeks in the winter as compared to 8 weeks in 2004-2005, and I may find ways to improve that statistic again this year. I should certainly be ready for the spring meets: Colony Zones SCY(masters) and maybe PVS Senior Championships(uss).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home