Friday, September 15, 2006

Swim, Lift

Wednesday:
Distance Swim:
Failed. Felt sick at about 1 mile.

Lift: Squat (185), RDL(145), bench(8x205, 185, 185), abs, shoulder circuit.

Transition: 3mi bike, 1 mi run

Thursday:
My body was wiped out. I took it easy.
Run 1.5 miles, stretch, abs

Friday:
Swim: 2500Y, breaststroke workout. Main sets: 10x100 kick, 5x200 br. (3'5")
The 200's were alternated with kicking, so I could up my oxygen levels. I am not in the best distance breaststroke shape, and resolving that issue will make my 100 breast much better, and allow me to be competant in the 200 br. I need to be able to do this set without alternation on a simple interval, and I think I should start really slow and do more repetitions, such as 6 or 8 x 200 @ 4'. Since I have worked so much with short distances, I have gotten really used to doing 3 strokes on my first length, and 4 on every length thereafter unless I am trying to go fast. I increase speed by adding strokes. I would like to make that easy, but in the mean time I think I need an extra breath per length. I should do this by removing the last part of my extended glide, and conserve energy as required by controlling my kick power. As I get into better shape, I can increase my power as required for EN3 and increase my glide for EN1-2. I don't think I should use 6 strokes until I am ready to put in a lot more power for the duration. Essentially, I should be able to go race pace with 5-6 strokes a length. I should download a video of Hanson or Moses to find out what kind of stroke count I might want to aspire to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home